This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through one of them, we will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. As Amazon Associates, we earn from qualifying purchases.
“How should I prepare to buy a house?” Great question.
Are you thinking about buying a house – but not quite yet ready to “shop-shop” – yet still want to get your ducks in a row before your search and purchase?
Well, this post is for you.
We’ve got 25 easy 5 minute tasks to prepare yourself to buy a house. Hopefully this will be the perfect springboard to get you started!
Table of Contents
Money stuff to prepare to buy a house:
1. Check your bank account balance
2. Or at least, sign in
3. Check your credit score – most credit cards do one free annually
4. Make a list of the debts you have
6. Open a savings account
7. Check if your current insurance carrier offers homeowners’ insurance
Personal stuff to prepare to buy a house:
8. Dream for 5 minutes about what you’d like to buy
9. Mention it to your spouse
10. Start a “thrift box” to clear house before an exciting life change
11. Call a homeowner to ask about what it’s like
12. Ask your kids what they’d want in a home. (might take more than five minutes 😉
13. Start a budget. (Note: “start”. You don’t have to finish today).
14. Ask yourself why you want to buy a house. Listen for 5 minutes.
15. Think about climate. Do you want to live somewhere warm all the time, cold all the time, or with seasons?
House stuff to prepare to buy a house:
16. Write a “gotta have it” list
17. Write a “wanna have it” list
18. Jot down your home-owning super power skills like painting or electric
20. Read an article about the pros of owning
21. Join Bigger Pockets
23. Start a pinterest board of house inspiration
24. Post on social media for realtor recommendations
25. Write out your house buying goal!
There you have it! 25 easy five minute tasks to help you prepare to buy a house.
What will you do today to get started on your home purchase?